Backwater Valve Installation – New homes are now required to install a Backflow Prevention system. It is important to protect your home from basement flooding because no matter where you live in Hamilton, Burlington or surrounding Cities, your home is at risk of flooding and sewer back up.
Purpose of a Backwater Valve Installation
- Heavy rainstorms that falls over a short period of time can overwhelm City sewer systems.
- Overloaded City sewer can back up through house sewer lines and flow into basements.
- This will flood your home if not protected by a Back Water Valve.
- A BACKWATER VALVE IS A ONE WAY DEVICE that prevent sewage in an overloaded Main City sewer line from backing up into your basement.
- The Backwater Valve automatically closes if sewage backs up from the main City sewer.
- A properly installed Backwater Valve must be placed ahead of all outlets or fixtures so back up does not come through other outlets or fixtures in your basement.
- Eve drought should be disconnected to stop water from the weeping tiles to flow back through your basement floor drain.
- Make sure you can get to the valve at all time.
- CHECK AND MAINTAIN YOUR BACKWATER VALVE. The valve must be cleaned up every 6 months.
We have many years of Backwater Valve Installation experience of Backwater Valves and we’re well equipped to protect your home while the work is being done. Our team works with accuracy, and in a speedy manner so as to not inconvenience the home owner.
Repairs & Maintenance
Twice a year we can come to your home to clean your Backwater Valve for the cost of a service call, if you do not have the time or any other reason. We high pressure it and ensure that the valve is functioning properly.
A video survey is required to determine the best location and also which of three types of backwater valves is required for the installation.
A City permit is then required. A backwater valve can be installed if the homeowner applies for it. Whether or not the homeowner lives in the property or they rent it out, they are the ones who must apply for the backwater valve.
Types of Valves
Auto Retrofit Backwater Valve
The difference between the inlet and outlet is a 3/8″ fall
Mainline Full Port
The difference between the inlet and outlet is a 3/4″ fall
Mainline Adaptor Valve
The difference between the inlet and outlet is a 1 1/2″ fall